Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

Schedule Changes

My classes are doing pretty well with cut time. I'm especially working on getting them to tap their foot and feel it as cut time rather than just playing it twice as fast.

In other news...I've had four new students added to one of my classes! We've been in school for 12 weeks, done six pages worth of beginner guitar instruction, finished rhythm and almost finished melody in our theory book and I don't really know what I'm going to do with these students who haven't been here for any of this.

I just named the blog Adventures in Classroom Guitar Instruction while trying to think of something catchy. But this may really be more adventure than I'd bargained for!

Question:
How do you teach students who are three months ahead and brand new students at the same time?

No comments: