Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gama Guitar Workshops

I decided a few months ago that I was going to get my continuing education credits in guitar this year. So, I registered to get on the GAMA Guitar Workshops' "hotlist". Supposedly I'll be more likely to get a scholarship and have my tuition paid for.

They sent a link with the application a couple of weeks ago. I wish I'd gotten it off sooner because the scholarships are on a first-come-first-serve basis. We'll just have to see. I think it's $150.00 to register. You also have to be an MENC member and I wasn't. It costs $92.00 to sign-up in Mississippi. So, I've already spent more money than I like to for CEU's but usually they're for something lame and this is in 'guitar'! I'm going to try and save some money by staying with my brother-in-law in Atlanta for the workshop.

The website says that they give you hundreds of dollars in merchandise and materials for teaching guitar. Read about the program's success in boosting guitar sales and you'll see why they offer so much free stuff. The course is actually pretty inexpensive too. If you haven't seen it yet, watch the GAMA video I have linked to this page. Also check out the workshop here.

No comments: